Gmail Web App For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch Gets Priority Inbox
Google has just announced that Gmail mobile web app now supports Priority Inbox.
Google released Priority Inbox beta for the desktop version of Gmail back in August 2010. According to Google:
Priority Inbox automatically identifies your important email and separates it out from everything else, so you can focus on what really matters.
Nathan Bullock, Software Engineer of Googleâ€™s Mobile team announced that users who have setup Priority Inbox in the desktop version of Gmail will see the Priority Inbox section in Gmail mobile web app via the Menu screen and will be able to see importance markers in the inbox. However, users still canâ€™t set up Priority Inbox or mark messages as important or unimportant from their iPhone. You need to first setup Priority in the desktop version of Gmail by following these steps to access this feature on your iOS device.
What about you? Do you like Gmailâ€™s Priority Inbox feature? Do you use Gmailâ€™s mobile web app on your iPhone or would you prefer a native iPhone app?
[via Google Mobile blog]
- Google Hits ‘Send’ On Priority Inbox For Android’s Gmail App
- Gmail: Priority Inbox Is Working; Users Spending 15 Percent Less Time Reading Email
- GMail Introduces Priority Inbox
- Beautiful Mac Mail Client Sparrow Really Sings With Full IMAP, Priority Inbox, And Multi-Touch
- Gmail App For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch Is Back In The App Store