Antenna Acquires Mobile Internet Software Company Volantis
The move allows Antenna to position itself as an end-to-end mobile solutions provider for enterprises and carriers, and also ensures geographic expansion (particularly in Europe and Asia).
Antenna earlier has done similar acquisitions in the past, most recently purchasing Vaultus Mobile Technologies, a provider of consumer-facing enterprise mobile applications.
The combined company, which will carry the Antenna name, says it will continue to provide support of Volantis’ products to its current customers, prospects and partners through its existing teams in the Volantis offices in Guildford, Seattle, Krakow, Pune and Hong Kong.
Volantis brings to Antenna carrier and enterprise customers such as T-Mobile, 3 and Telenor.
The company has raised a$7.5 million funding round, with Accel Partners and Kennet Venture Partners as principal investors, back in September 2005.
- Intermec Acquires Mobile Lifecycle Services Company Enterprise Mobile
- Open Source Software Company Talend Raises $34M; Acquires Sopera
- Aussie Research Company Brings Wi-Fi To TV Antenna
- Software AG Buys Metismo To Expand Enterprise Mobile Offerings
- BMC Software Acquires Aeroprise To Enhance Its Mobile Know-How