Earth Aid Raises $4 Million For Home Energy Management Platform
Similar to EnergySavvy, Google’s Powermeter and Microsoft’s Hohm, Earth Aid provides consumers with information on how much electricity, water, and natural gas they use and how much they spend on these utilities.
Earth Aid’s proprietary technology grabs the data directly from electric, gas and water utilities (with your permission), without requiring users to download software or install hardware. The application will then compare how much energy and water you consume to the same month a year ago, and will also show you comparisons of consumption with neighbors in your residential areas.
Earth Aid adds a slight twist to home energy management by rewarding users as they consume less energy and water. Users earn reward points which which are redeemable at local and national businesses (i.e. Dove, Starbucks and Breyers). The company also sells equipment to help make your house more energy efficient. Since launching, tens of thousands of households in every state in the U.S. are already actively using the Earth Aid platform, says the company.
The new funding will be used towards hiring additional employees and new product development; Earth Aid plans to release an enterprise-focused platform in March.
- Marin Software Raises $16 Million For Paid Search Management Platform
- Buddy Media Raises $23 Million For Brand-Focused Facebook Page Management Platform
- Ifbyphone Raises $8 Million Cloud-Based Call Management Platform
- Clarizen Raises $12 Million For Project Management Software
- UsingMiles Raises $2.7 Million For Rewards Management Platform