InternMatch Raises $400K To Help Students Find The Perfect Internship
Part of the 500 Startups Accelerator Program, InternMatch wants to replace the career fair for college students who want internships at small and mid-size companies. On InternMatch’s platform, both internship seekers and employers can search for a match, receive skill and location based matching recommendations, and access tools to manage the application process (i.e. tips for resume creation, internship preparation, and more).
For companies, InternMatch provides a match guaranteeâ€”if an employer doesnâ€™t find an intern within 60 days, they get a full refund. The startup wants to set itself apart from competition by focusing on regional growth and by providing a dead simple UI where students can search and apply to positions without registration. Already, InternMatch has thousands of west coast opportunities are already available.
InternMatch plans to use the new capital to expand its team, re-brand the website and increase West Coast traction.
- A New Design For InternMatch Humanizes Internship Search
- InternMatch: Helping Match Student Interns and Startups
- Foxconn’s Other Dirty Secret: the World’s Largest “Internship” Program
- Should Your Startup Offer Virtual Internships?
- hackNY Expands Its Internship Program, Matching Student Hackers and NYC Startups