Reports: Egypt Shutting Down Noor, Its Last ISP
We’re hearing reports on that the coverage of Noor Group’s DSL service, Egypt’sÂ last standing ISP which powers the Egyptian Stock Exchange as well as the websites ofÂ Coca-ColaÂ andÂ Exxon Mobile is being shut down, meaning there is a risk of Egypt losing all Internet coverage.
According to Joseph Applebaum the shut down is occurring in stages and certain sites are still online, “noor.net shut all except NTG, the National Technology Group providing IT processing to the aviation, banking and financial sectors.” The ISP’s website itself is offline.
Update: The Huffington Post is reporting that Rensys is also confirming the Noor shut down.
- Reports: Libya Follows Egypt’s Lead, Starts Shutting Off Internet Services
- Privacy Advocate Jacob Appelbaum Reports Break-In Of Berlin Apartment
- Egypt Goes Dark As Last ISP Pulls Plug
- Google Teams Up With Twitter And SayNow To Bring Tweeting-By-Phone To Egypt
- Vodafone Egypt Remains Silent As Access Goes Down Ahead Of Friday Protests