Kickstarter: The aTrackt Improves Apple’s Keyboard And Trackpad Ergonomics
I wasn’t convinced this particular project was worth its salt, but a little reflection convinced me. I don’t use Apple’s dainty little desk accessories — I always go back to a nice, meaty mechanical keyboard and high-performance mouse, because Apple’s keyboards are like toys and the trackpad is no good for gaming. But hey, some people like ‘em. The trouble is their naturally light and slippery nature, which causes them to slide about and become separated.
I would have thought Apple would foresee this and install powerful magnets in that round bit of the casing, so they’d stick together, but they didn’t, so it’s left to the ever-inventive fans to justify their purchase with a home-brewed accessory. The aTrackt on Kickstarter really does solve the problem, and passes the only test it needs to, in my opinion: if I had the keyboard and trackpad, I wouldn’t be caught dead without one of these as well.
- Apple Launches New Magical Trackpad, 12 Core Macs
- TouchFire: Screen-Top Keyboard for iPad Gets Funding On Kickstarter
- Apple Working On iPhone 5 Prototype With Slide-Out Keyboard?
- Magic Mouse Or Magic Trackpad? Both Are Optional With The Thunderbolt iMac
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.2 With iOS 4.3 Support; Improves Home Sharing