CameraWallpaper: Jailbreak App Will Allow Users To Replace Wallpaper With Live Feed From iPhone’s Camera
When we published a post about a jailbreak tweak called DeepEnd, which gives the iPhone homescreen a cool 3D-like effect by moving the iPhoneâ€™s wallpaper based on its orientation, tonywongfish, one of our readers commented that the tweak would have more impressive if the wallpaper could be a live feed from iPhoneâ€™s camera rather than a static wallpaper.
It looks like jailbreak app developer with the handle limneomaster liked the idea.
limneomaster has revealed plans to release a new jailbreak app called CameraWallpaper that will allow users to replace the static wallpaper with live feed from iPhoneâ€™s camera.
Users can also take photos instantly (without the need to launch the Camera app) and set the photo as wallpaper via Activator enabled menu. iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G user will also be able to switch between front and rear cameras. iPhone 4 users will also be able to enable the torch from the menu.
You can checkout the video of the app in action to get an idea:
It needs to be seen how the jailbreak tweak affects iPhone’s battery life etc.
The developer hasnâ€™t provided an ETA on when it will be released or how much it will cost or if it will be available for free. As always, weâ€™ll let you know as soon as it is available on the Cydia App Store.
What do you think about the new teak? Let us know if you will install it in the comments section below.
- DeepEnd: Jailbreak Tweak Gives 3D-like Effect By Moving iPhone’s Wallpaper Based On Orientation
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 To Jailbreak iOS 4.0 GM Released, Enables Multitasking, Custom Homescreen Wallpaper For iPhone 3G
- CameraLock: Jailbreak Tweak Brings iOS 5 Feature To Access Camera App From Lock Screen To iPhone On iOS 4.1 or Later
- iPhone 3G Users Won’t Be Able To Customize Homescreen Wallpaper In iPhone OS 4?
- Polyonix: Jailbreak Tweak Will Allow Users To Run Multiple iPhone Apps Side By Side On The iPad