Blekko Bans Content Farms Like Demand Media’s eHow From Its Search Results
Blekko, the perky little search engine startup that lets you customize your search results, is taking the fight against web spam to a new level. It already allows searchers to mark results as spam and keeps a spam clock that counts how many spam pages are on the web (743 million and counting). Now it is about to block content farms like Demand Media’s eHow and Answerbag entirely. The top 20 sites its users have marked as a source of web spam will now be blocked (see full list below).
Now Blekko is going to do one better and ban the worst offenders entirely. Here is the list of banned sites:
Your move, Google.
- Demand Media Downplays Changes to Google’s Search Algorithm
- Google Targets Content Farms With Major Search Algorithm Tweaks
- Search Underdog Blekko Sees Over 30M Searches In January, More Than 110K Slashtags Created Since Launch
- Blekko Bans 1.1 Million Spammy Domains Via New Algorithm
- Google Goes After Content Farms