Yandex Acquires Single Sign-In Service Loginza
Russian search engine Yandex has acquired Loginza, a local startup whose service allows developers to implement user authentication via the likes of Facebook, Twitter or OpenID-supported sites, without additional registration. Terms of the deal, which came about through Yandex’s â€œopen days for startupsâ€, an initiative as part of the Yandex.Start program, remain undisclosed.
As noted, Loginza’s single sign-in plugin supports authentication via Facebook and Twitter, along with Blogger, WordPress, VeriSign, AOL, Yahoo!, Flickr, Last.fm, LiveJournal, myOpenID and OpenID. It also supports authorization schemes of a number of Russian services: Yandex, Mail.Ru, Vkontakte, Rambler, Diary.ru, WebMoney, Diary.ru and Loginza itself.
- Not So Fast Google – Rambler And Yandex Sign Ad Network Deal To Freeze Out Russian Competitors
- Russian Search Giant Yandex Partners With Local Facebook-clone VKontakte
- Russian Search Engine Yandex Beats Bing
- Russian Search Engine Yandex Gets A Semantic Injection
- Mozilla: Unlike FB and Twitter Single Sign-in, Persona Protects User Privacy