Social Questions: Quora Gets An – Unofficial – iPhone App
Social Q&A startup Quora recently hired an iOS developer, so chances are we’ll soon see an official iPhone (and iPad?) application emerge, even if its website already functions quite well on smartphones.
While you await said official app, be sure to check out Social Questions. Developed by Thomas Ricouard, the app will let you access and browse the Quora mobile website with a couple of handy additional shortcuts and faster navigation.
You can use the app to access your profile’s home page, inbox, notifications, and you can easily add a new question.
According to this thread on Quora, Ricouard asked for and received permission from Quora to publish the iPhone app on the App Store, as long as he didn’t name it so people would confuse it with an official product. Hence the name ‘Social Questions’.
As far as I can tell, there are two unofficial Android applications for Quora too.
Give it a whirl and let us know what you think.
(Thanks to @Orli for the heads up.)
- gMusic: Unofficial Native Google Music Player For iPhone Available In App Store
- AT&T Cracking Down On Unofficial iPhone Tethering
- Flashlight App Brings Unofficial Tethering To The iPhone; Might Be Removed From The App Store Soon
- Facebook Relaunches Questions: No Threat To Quora, More Emphasis On Friends
- Facebook Questions Goes Where Quora Can’t