Look Out, Skype: Viber Coming To Android In March
We’re pretty big fans of Viber around these parts, as evidenced by Robin calling it “amazingly amazing” when it launched for the iPhone last month. Built to allow 100% free VoIP calls over 3G and WiFi, it’s one of a small handful that dares venture into the same territory as the seemingly-untouchable giant, Skype. Whether or not Viber ever finagles any sizable chunk of the mobile VoIP market out of Skype’s grasps, competition is always a good thing.
Vibers main drawback, at this point, is that it’s only available for iOS. As it’s built only for Viber-to-Viber calls, that meant the free calling goodness was limited to others rockin’ an iPhone or iPod Touch. Viber promised an Android app was on the way â€” and today, we’ve learned a bit more about when we’ll see it.
- Skype Challenger Releases Viber 2.0: Free Text Messages And More
- Viber To Release Free Calling, Messaging App For Android This Week
- Viber For iPhone Aims To Rival Skype’s App, Is Amazingly Amazing
- Skype App Updated, Allows 3G Calling On the iPhone
- VOIP Provider Viber Attacked By Syrian Electronic Army