AT&T Earnings: 442,000 Tablet And 4.1 Million iPhone Activations In Q4 2010
Here’ are some of the things that caught out eye:
AT&T reports 9.9 percent growth in wireless revenues, with a 9.6 percent increase in wireless service revenues. In fact, the fourth quarter was the first quarter in the companyâ€™s history in which wireless revenues exceeded wireline revenues.
AT&T had a strong tablet quarter, which it refers to as “a new growth area for the company”.
The telecom giant says it added a total of 442,000 iPad and Android-based tablets to its network, and reported that more than 7.4 million postpaid integrated devices were sold in Q4 2010, including 4.1 million iPhone activations.
AT&T reports that it saw 27.4 percent growth in wireless data revenues, up $1.1 billion versus the fourth quarter of 2009, driven by messaging, Internet access, access to apps and more.
The company posted a net gain in total wireless subscribers of 2.8 million, to reach 95.5 million in service.
For the full year 2010, compared with 2009 results, AT&T’s consolidated revenues totaled $124.3 billion versus $122.5 billion.
- AT&T Announces Record 5.2 Million iPhone Activations In Q3, 2010
- AT&T Added Nearly 2 Million Non-Phone Wireless Device Connections In Q4 2010
- AT&T Announces 1 Million iPhone 4S Activations
- IAB: Internet Ad Revenues In The U.S. Hit Record $6.4 Billion In Q3 2010
- Netflix Earnings Up 88 Percent, Adds 3.3 Million U.S. Subscribers