Travel Planning Startup NileGuide Acquires Local Recommendation Site 10Best
NileGuide, a one-stop travel planning site that allows you to create customized trip itineraries, has bought travel recommendation site 10Best.com from Enveritas Group. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
10Best.com is an online travel guide that provides recommendations on the the most popular attractions, hotels, restaurants, events and more in cities around the world. 10Best Travel Guides cover 457 major metropolitan areas (comprised of 3,748 cities around the globe).
For NileGuide, 10Best is another way for the travel site to become the go-to guide for all local travel planning (meaning where to stay, eat, visit etc.). The startup also recently acquired local travel site Localyte to add local expert advice to its platform. Founded in 2006 and based in San Francisco, NileGuide has received $13 million in funding from investors including Draper Richards, KPG Ventures, Austin Ventures, and Tenaya Capital.
- Wanderfly Raises $1 Million For Social Travel Recommendation Engine
- Punchbowl Acquires Friendster Founder’s Party Planning Startup Socializr
- People Search Site MyLife Acquires Citizen Local To Power Local Services And Deals
- Revenge of the Travel Agent: Jetsetter Announces Travel Planning Service (And Discounts for TechCrunch Readers)
- LawPivot Expands Q&A Site For Startup Legal Advice Nationwide