Eric Schmidt At DLD11: Google Will Add 1,000 New Employees In Europe
In the closing keynote of the DLD Conference in Germany, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt took the stage, notably less than a week after passing on the reins of the company to Google co-founder Larry Page.
These are my live notes from the keynote:
Thank you for inviting me. I wanted to take a moment to praise mr. Burda for what you have accomplished in general, and with this event. I don’t know of a more better-done invitation-only event on the globe, so my congratulations to you. I hope you do this for many years to come.
I have a lot of thinks I wanted to talk about. Important announcement for starters: we had a good year and very strong last quarter.
Our businesses are doing very well around the globe, and as a result I’m happy to announce we’ll be adding 1,000 new employees in Europe and make some significant investments.
So, I think my next decade at Google will be even more interesting than the first. Technology will finally start doing what we want, instead of us telling technology what we want it to do.
- DLD11: Google’s Marissa Mayer On Eric Schmidt Stepping Down As CEO
- Eric Schmidt Out, Larry Page In As Google CEO
- Eric Schmidt To Sell Up To 42% of Stake In Google
- Eric Schmidt: Google Will Continue Investing In UK Even If Taxes Raised
- Eric Schmidt: Google Glass Critics ‘Afraid of Change,’ Society Will Adapt