“Let The Hacking Begin” Declares Person Who Hacked Zuckerberg’s Facebook Fan Page
Earlier today, a strange message appeared on Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s fan page. It read as follows:
Let the hacking begin. If facebook needs money, instead of going to the banks, why doesn’t Facebook let its users invest in Facebook in a social way? Why not transform Facebook into a ‘social business’ the way Nobel Price winner Muhammad Yunus described it? http://bit.ly/fs6rT3 What do you think? #hackercup2011
Who wrote such an odd and seemingly drunken message? Well, if you believe the page, Zuckerberg himself did. Shortly after posting, the post had over 1,800 likes and nearly 500 comments.
Obviously, Zuckerberg didn’t actually write it. Or at least, we’re pretty sure he didn’t. Instead, it would appear that his fan page was hacked. Facebook has now taken down the page â€” but not before we grabbed a screenshot.
We’ve reached out to them asking what exactly is going on. We’ll update when we hear back.
- Security Researcher Makes His Point By Hacking Into Zuckerberg’s Facebook Page
- Facebook, Zuckerberg Sued For $1 Billion Over Intifada Page
- Facebook, Zuckerberg Sued For $1 Billion After Not Removing A Page Fast Enough
- Facebook Testing $100 Fee To Mail Mark Zuckerberg
- Facebook Founder Accused of Hacking Into Rivals’ Email