UberMedia Continues Shopping Spree; Buys Social News Platform Mixx
UberMedia (formerly known as PostUp and TweetUp) is on a serious shopping spree. In the past two weeks, the company has acquired Twitter client developers EchoFon, and UberTwitter. Today, the company has announced that it has acquired social news startup Mixx.com.
Mixx’s apps allows brands and users to curate social content into channels of information. In 2009, the startup launched TweetMixx, as a Twitter client that allows you to easily discover the links and content your Twitter contacts share.
Last week, UberMedia announced the third rebranding of its service. The startup now offers a variety of third party services that are complimentary â€”Â and in some cases, directly competitive â€”Â with the clients that Twitter offers. UberMedia was originally called TweetUp, but changed its name last summer to PostUp as it added support for Facebook and LinkedIn.
UberMedia says that it plans to add Mixx’s channels to its family of apps, including UberTwitter, Twidroyd and Echofon. So with the addition of Mixx, UberMedia now offers users a social news and content curation tool.
- PostUp Acquires UberTwitter, Renames Itself (Again) To UberMedia
- German Media Giant Burda Digital Puts $5.6M In Twitter Application Developer UberMedia
- Zynga Continues Shopping Spree; Buys Social Game Studio DNA Games
- UberMedia, Indeed. Bill Gross’ Twitter Ecosystem Empire Just Acquired TweetDeck
- Twitter Suspends UberMedia Clients For Privacy And Monetization Violations, Trademark Infringement