MoshiMonsters To Launches First Toy Range, Aims At $22 Billion US Market
Tomorrow MoshiMonsters, the educational social game aimed at young children, is moving heavily into licensing its brand. Tomorrow it launches its first toy range at the London Toy Show, in conjunction with Master Toy partner, Vivid. MoshiMonsters now has over 30 million users worldwide – creating a tonne of kids who would really like toys based on the characters. The line is being stocked by all major UK retailers (Tesco, Sainsburys, Toys R US, Argos, The Entertainer etc) and an international roll out to the US is coming soon. This is a new direction for brands aimed at kids. In the old world toys might give rise to a game, usually lame. These days the games are creating the real-world toys, and Angry Birds is just another game moving in this direction. It’s no surprise that Moshi founder Michael Acton Smith and Peter Vesterbacka from Rovio / Angry Birds realised they have a lot in common after meeting at this week’s DLD in Munich.
- Moshi Monsters Valued At $200m After Spark Ventures Sells Half Its Stake
- Moshi Monsters Aims To Become The Facebook for Kids (TCTV)
- North Korea Launches Long-Range Rocket
- Fight My Monster Wants To Be ‘Moshi Monsters For Boys’, Dylan Collins Joins As Angel
- Moshi Monsters, The Social Networking Game For Kids, Passes The 50 Million Users Mark