Apple To Launch Universal GSM-CDMA iPhone 4 Bumpers
Soon after the announcement of the CDMA iPhone, it was noticed that the latter had a slightly different location for the mute switch.Â This was due to the Verizon iPhoneâ€™s modified antenna design, which necessitated an extra break in the metal in the top left. This caused the mute switch to be marginally moved down closer towards the volume control buttons.
With just a few days left for the launch of the CDMA iPhone, Apple is busy replacing its current stock of older bumpers that would fit only the GSM iPhone 4s, with newer models that would fit both.
Even Apple’s Online store has been updated with these new â€œBâ€ models in place of the older â€œAâ€ models. The only thing left to be changed are the product images which still remains the same.
In related news, as Apple prepares for the CDMA iPhone launch the company has issued a vacation blackout for all its retail store employees between February 5th and 18th. This is due to the expected surge in the number of people queuing up for the CDMA iPhone at the time of its launch.
The Verizon iPhone, as you might be already aware arrives on February 10th.
- Apple Has Ordered Qualcomm CDMA Chips For Verizon iPhone Launch In January 2011?
- How Apple And Verizon Buried Differences To Launch The CDMA iPhone
- Apple Talking To Carriers In India To Launch CDMA iPhone?
- Apple To Launch CDMA iPhone 4 in Q4?
- Verzion And Apple Start Taking Pre-orders For CDMA iPhone 4