Google Donates 1 Million Euros To Mathematics Championship Organization
Google is making a â‚¬1 million gift to the International Mathematical Olympiad organization, which has been organizing the annual World Championship Mathematics Competition for High School Students.
The first IMO championship was held back in 1959, in Romania, with 7 countries participating. It has gradually expanded to over 100 countries from 5 continents.
The donation will help the organization cover the costs of the next five global events (2011-2015), Google Director of Public Policy Simon Hampton writes in a company blog post.
- Google Donates $2 Million To the Wikimedia Foundation
- Switching From Microsoft Office To LibreOffice Saves Toulouse 1 Million Euros
- Qype Raises Another 6.5 million Euros, Signs Vodafone Distribution Deal
- Mathematics As the Most Misunderstood Subject
- Google Spent $5.2 Million On Lobbying In 2010; Up 29 Percent From 2009