Daniel Ellsberg On WikiLeaks, Google and Facebook
angry tapir writes “The Silicon Valley companies that store our personal data have a growing responsibility to protect it from government snooping, according to Daniel Ellsberg, the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers. Discussing the growing role of Internet companies in the public sphere, Ellsberg said companies such as Google, Facebook and Twitter need to take a stand and push back on excessive requests for personal data.” Ellsberg spoke as part of a panel at an event from the Churchill Club, which included Clay Shirky, Jonathan Zittrain and others discussing the WikiLeaks situation.
- Pentagon Papers Ellsberg Supports Wikileaks
- Daniel Ellsberg: Snowden Would Not Get a Fair Trial – and Kerry Is Wrong
- Snowden Joins Daniel Ellsberg On Board of Freedom of the Press Foundation
- Why WikiLeaks Is Unlike the Pentagon Papers
- EFF Spinoff Pools Donor Dollars To Prevent WikiLeaks-Style Payment Blockades