Starbucks Mobile Card App Lets You Pay For Coffee With Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Starbucks has just announced the launch of mobile payments in nearly 6,800 company-operated stores and more than 1,000 Starbucks in Target stores across the US.
Starbucks has issued the following statement:
To experience mobile payment at Starbucks, customers just need to download the free Starbucks Card Mobile App for select BlackBerry smartphones, iPhone or iPod touch mobile devices. More than one-third of U.S. Starbucks customers use smartphones, of which nearly three quarters use BlackBerry smartphone or iPhone mobile devices. In addition to the mobile payment capability, the app allows customers to manage their Starbucks Card account, check their card balance, reload their card with any major credit card (iPhone users can also use the PayPal feature), check their My Starbucks Rewards status and find a nearby Starbucks store with the store locator feature. Customers can pay with their smartphone by holding their mobile device in front of a scanner on the countertop and scan the Starbucks Card Mobile App’s on-screen barcode to make a purchase.
Starbucks had started testing the mobile payment system back in September 2009.
So if you have a Starbucks card then before you go to Starbucks to get a coffee, download the free Starbucks Card Mobile App using this iTunes link.
And donâ€™t forget to drop us a line to tell us your experience using Starbucks mobile payment system.
- Starbucks Gets Mobile Payment System
- JailbreakMe 3.0 Released To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G On iOS 4.3.3 Using Mobile Safari
- Make Free Calls To Facebook Friends With Vonage Mobile For Facebook App For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- Sn0wbreeze 2.1 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G, Apple TV 2G iOS 3.2.2 For iPad Released
- Find My iPhone Now Free For All iPhone 4, iPad And iPod Touch 4G Users