Apple Releases iOS 4.3 Beta 2 To Developers; New Multitouch Gestures Will Not Be Enabled In iOS 4.3
Apple has just released the second beta version of iOS 4.3 (build 8F5153d) to developers of iOS Developer program.
In the release notes, Apple has clarified that the new four- and five-finger multitouch gestures for iPad will not be enabled in iOS 4.3 for customers.
This beta release contains a preview of new multitasking gestures for iPad. You can use four or five fingers to pinch to the Home Screen, swipe up to reveal the multitasking bar, and swipe left or right between apps. This feature will not be enabled in iOS 4.3 for customers, but we are providing this preview to gather input on how these gestures work with your apps.
Some observers had speculated that Apple may remove the home button from the iPhone and iPad.
Other than that the release notes does not provide any details on the changes in the new beta version.
Here are some of the features that were discovered in iOS 4.3 beta 1 that was released last week:
Allows users to stream videos from apps to compatible devices via AirPlay.
As always, we will let you know if the latest beta version of iOS 4.3 reveals any other interesting new features.
- MT Gestures: Jailbreak App Brings Multitouch Gestures To iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- Apple Releases IOS 4.3 Beta To Developers
- Sn0wbreeze 2.3 Beta 3 For iOS 4.3: Brings Multitouch Gestures; Includes Fix For MobileSubstrate, iBooty Issues
- Apple Releases iOS 5.0.1; Fixes Bugs Affecting Battery Life; iPad 2 Security Flaw, Adds Multitouch Gestures For iPad 1
- Apple Seeds iOS 5.0.1 To Developers; Fixes Bugs Affecting Battery Life; iPad 2 Security Flaw, Adds Multitouch Gestures For iPad 1