Vook Raises $5.25 Million, Builds Media Fit For Tablets And Smartphones
This helps publishers, authors and media companies alike to recreate and distribute existing content in a new form, fit for modern-day tablets, e-readers and smartphones.
The company already has partnerships in place with a number of book publishers and agents, and published ‘Vooks’ with bestselling authors like Deepak Chopra, Seth Godin and Tom Peters.
Vook has also launched its own digital e-book imprint, which will deliver 500 ‘how to’ and educational titles to the market later this year.
Vook was founded in 2008 by serial Internet entrepreneur Bradley Inman, who previously founded Inman News, HomeGain.com (which he sold to Classified Ventures in 2005) and TurnHere.com. Meet the rest of the team here.
The company raised $2.5 million in seed funding last year, from rock star investors like Ron Conway, Baseline Ventures, Founder Collective, Maples Investments and Lerer Ventures.
- LibreDigital Raises $4 Million For Digital Reading Technologies
- Mobile Advertising Startup GoldSpot Media Raises $12 Million
- Crisp Media Raises $6 Million From Intel And Others To Take Its Rich Media Platform Global
- Image Space Media Raises $1 Million For In-Image Ad Platform
- Mobile Ad Network Millennial Media Raises $27.5 Million; Tripled Revenue In 2010