> Should Younger Developers Be Paid More?
Should Younger Developers Be Paid More?
jammag writes “A project manager describes facing an upset senior developer who learned that a new hire — a fresh college grad — would be making 30 percent more than him. The reason: the new grad knew a hot emerging technology that a client wanted. Yes, the senior coder was majorly pissed off. But with the constant upheaval in new technology, this situation is almost unavoidable — or is it? And at any rate, is it fair?”
Source: Should Younger Developers Be Paid More?
- Paid Developers Power the Linux Kernel
- 75% of Linux Code Now Written By Paid Developers
- Aging Linux Kernel Community Is Looking For Younger Participants
- Moon Younger Than Previously Thought
- Options Evolving for Mobile HTML5 Developers to Get Paid
Categories: slashdot college grad, developers, emerging technology, grad, jammag, mdash, money, new technology, programming, project, technology, upheaval