Kony Solutions Raises $19.1 Million For Mobile Application Platform
Kony Solutions, provider of a so-called ‘write once, run everywhere’ mobile platform and vertical market mobile solutions, this morning announced that it has secured $19.1 million in Series A financing from Insight Venture Partners, the investment firm that boasts stakes in companies like Twitter, Chegg, Six Waves, Datacore Software and HauteLook.
Kony initially raised a tranche of $13.4 million from Insight, which it says will enable it to expand its research and development related to its mobile application platform, which serves millions of users worldwide. In addition, the funding will be used to accelerate the global rollout of Kony’s sales and marketing.
Kony says more than 35 Fortune 500 brands have engaged its solutions to develop, design, deploy and manage their mobile offerings, across more than 8,500 mobile devices, from the iPad and iPhone to Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, J2ME, Windows Phone 7 and Palm devices.
In addition, Kony’s platform also supports device-optimized mobile websites for more than 15 browsers, such as Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox with support from WML through HTML5 (depending on browser capabilities and device form factors).
- Rally Lands $20M For Agile Application Lifecycle Management Solutions
- Mobile Tag Raises 6.6 Million Euros For Marketing Solutions Based On NFC tags, 2D And 1D Barcodes
- Localytics Raises $2.5 Million For Mobile Analytics Platform
- Siano Raises Another $20 Million For Mobile TV Receiver Chips
- Fixmo Scores $6.5M For Infrastucture Management Solutions For Mobile Devices