How Long Before Apps Overtake Physical Video Game Content Sales?
jamie writes “Horace Dediu crunches some numbers and comes to a startling conclusion: ‘If you look at the red line above and its slope, it would indicate that, given time, the App store will overtake the entire physical media gaming industry. The time when that happens will depend a lot on the growth or decline of the physical game media business, but another four years seems a safe bet.’ This follows on the heels of some earlier analysis of apps per iOS device and what that steady upward growth means.”
- Japan To Tax Online Sales Of Foreign-Made Content
- Fable III Dev: Used Game Sales More Costly Than Piracy
- Study: Video Gamer Aggression Result of Game Experience, Not Violent Content
- A Simple DIY Game Controller For People With Physical Challenges
- Can Barnes & Noble Balance Physical and Online Sales Without Killing Itself?