Apple Sells Record iPhone, iPad & Mac In 2011 Q1
Apple has posted record revenue of $26.74 billion and record net quarterly profit of $6 billion, or $6.43 per diluted share for its fiscal 2011 first quarter ended December 25, 2010.
Apple sold 4.13 million Macs during the quarter, up 23 percent unit over the year-ago quarter. Apple also sold 19.45 million iPods during the quarter, representing a 7 percent decline over the year-ago quarter.
Appleâ€™s CEO, Steve Jobs said:
â€œWe had a phenomenal holiday quarter with record Mac, iPhone and iPad sales. We are firing on all cylinders and weâ€™ve got some exciting things in the pipeline for this year including iPhone 4 on Verizon which customers canâ€™t wait to get their hands on.â€
Wall Street seems to like the results. Apple’s stock is currently trading at $344.82 up approximately $4.17 (~1.22%) in after hours trading.
We can’t wait to find out about the exciting things that Apple is planning to announce this year.
- Apple Blows Away Estimates With Best Ever Quarter; Sells 20.34 Million iPhones, 9.25 Million iPads & 3.95 million Macs In Q3 2011
- Apple Posts All-Time Record Revenue Of $15.7 Billion; Sells 8.4 Million iPhones And 3.27 Million iPads In Q3
- Apple Beats Estimates; Sells 18.65 Million iPhones, 4.69 Million iPads & 3.76 million Macs In Q2 2011
- Apple Announces Best Quarter Ever; Sells 14.1 Million iPhones, 4.19 Million iPads In Q4
- Apple’s Insane Q1 2011: $26.7 Billion Revenue; 7 Million iPads, 16 Million iPhones Sold