Steve Jobs To Take ‘Medical Leave Of Absence’, Stays On As CEO
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has just announced that he is taking a medical leave of absence according to a release issued by the company today. Here’s the email memo Jobs sent to Apple employees today.
At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.
I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Appleâ€™s day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.
I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.
- Steve Jobs Taking Medical Leave of Absence
- Apple: Steve Jobs Taking A Medical Leave Of Absence
- Amidst Medical Leave, Steve Jobs Takes The Stage At iPad 2 Event To A Standing Ovation
- In SEC Filing, Apple Stresses Jobs Will “Remain Involved In Major Strategic Decisions” During Medical Leave
- Fake Steve Jobs Says ‘Leave the Real One Alone’