NoSQL: GraphDB Maker Sones Raises Millions To Expand Cloud Computing Business
Sones, developer of the GraphDB graph database, has raised a ‘couple of millions’ of euros to expand its cloud computing business and open source community. Investors include KfW Bankengruppe, the early stage venture capital fund of Saxony, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. Back in 2008, sones had already landed an undisclosed amount of seed capital from T-Venture.
GraphDB supplements traditional relational databases and is currently available as a scalable cloud solution from Microsoft Azure and the Amazon Cloud. Basically, the technology is designed to bring together and link data from various SQL databases, enabling entirely new business applications.
- Work with Hadoop and NoSQL Databases with Toad for Cloud
- Kurzweil: The Cloud Will Expand Human Brain Capacity
- Enterprise Cloud Management Software Maker Abiquo Raises $10 Million
- Cloud Computing Startup Nomadesk Raises $7 Million Series B To Support US Expansion
- IBM Opens New Cloud Computing Laboratory