Apple iPhone 5 To Flaunt New A8 Processor
An anonymous reader writes “The release of iOS 4.3 beta for developers has revealed updates to gesture-based navigation, AirPlay and Personal Hot Spot, in the next edition of iPad and iPhone. However not all changes are UI related; it is reported that Apple is due to add an ARM Cortex A8 processor to its iPhone 5. Apple Daily, ,a Hong Kong based newspaper, reported that Apple’s iPhone 5 will be powered by a dual core processor with SGX543 graphics. It is reported that Apple is in contact with a Taiwanese component maker for the A8 SoC. Currently Apple uses a custom made A4 SoC in its iPad and iPhone 4 and uses SGX535 graphics and video support.”
- iPhone 5 And iPad 2 To Get Dual-Core SGX543 GPU
- iOS 4.3 Reveals iPhone 5 Will Get iPad 2?s Dual-Core A5 Processor
- Purported iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S Logic Board Reveals Faster Dual-Core A5 Processor?
- iPhone 5 Will Be Completely Redesigned, Come With Multi-Core Processor; iPad 2 To Come With High Resolution Screen, SD Card Slot & Cameras
- Apple Starts Test Production Of A6 Processor With TSMC For Future iOS Devices