Multifl0w 2.1 Brings WebOS Cards-Style Multitasking Interface To iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
Aaron Ash, developer of Multifl0w â€“ a popular jailbreak app that brought Palm Pre ExposÃ©-like multitasking to iOS back in November 2009 (even before Apple introduced the multitasking feature in iOS 4) and then released a revamped version of his app, which was compatible with iOS 4 or later has recently released a new version of Multifl0w (v2.1).
Multifl0w is an app switcher for jailbroken iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that is a lot better than the default app switcher as it shows the snapshot of the running application. You can close the apps running in the background by either clicking on the X button or flicking the app snapshot up or pulling it down.
The revamped version of Multifl0w for iOS 4 or later came with the following features:
- Multifl0w shows all open apps (up to 9) on the same screen, for easy and quick task switching. This makes it more intuitive and it also quicker to close the app compared to Appleâ€™s implementation as you can just tap on the cross button.
- The apps can be dragged and dropped to re-arrange them.
- In iOS4, Multifl0w can work alongside or totally replace Apple’s task switcher by going to Settings â€“> Multifl0w â€“> Activation Methods â€“> Home Button â€“ tap on Double Press
- Its also compatible on iOS 3.1.X (but you need to install the free Backgrounder jailbreak app).
You can checkout the video of Multifl0w with the new WebOS Cards-style multitasking interface in action below:
You might have noticed in the video that you can select between ExposÃ©Â or Cards interface via the Settings app (Multifl0w â€“> Switcher Style â€“> ExposÃ© or Cards). If you want to use the default app switcher with Multifl0w then you need to set Multifl0w’s activation method to something other than Double-Press Home.
Multifl0w is available on theÂ Cydia App Store for $4.99.
We would love to find out what you think about Multifl0w and if you plan to replace the default app switcher with it.
- Multifl0w Brings Expos-like Multitasking To iPhone, iPod Touch And iPad
- Zephyr: Jailbreak Tweak Brings Multitasking Gestures to The iPhone And iPod Touch
- DisplayOut: Jailbreak App Brings iPad 2?s Video Mirroring Feature To iPad, iPhone 4 & iPod Touch 4G
- JailbreakMe 3.0 Released To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G On iOS 4.3.3 Using Mobile Safari
- MissedReminder: Jailbreak App Brings iOS 5-Style LED Flash Alerts For Missed Calls To iPhone 4