‘The Social Network’ Wins Golden Globe Awards For Best Picture, Screenplay, Director, Score
After being nominated for a number of awards at this year’s Golden Globe awards ceremony, ‘The Social Network’ nabbed Best Picture (in the drama category), Screenplay (Aaron Sorkin), Score (Trent Reznor), and Director (David Fincher).
Those are all significant categories for the awards ceremony, with the movie garnering more awards than most of the films nominated this year. Interestingly, Sorkin and the film’s producer Scott Rudin both thanked Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg in their acceptance speeches.
The Golden Globes are known as an accurate reflection of what could come at the Oscars, so this is a big win for the movie, which was released by Sony Pictures. We’ll see soon if the movie will grab any Academy Award nominations.
You can read our review of the movie here.
- The Social Network Grabs Golden Globe Nominations For Best Actor, Movie, Screenplay
- Awards In Hand, The Social Network Filmmakers Heap Praise On Zuckerberg
- What ‘The Social Network’ Won (Thus Far) #Oscars
- More Than 93 Million Received Golden Globe Tweets [GRAPHIC]
- The Social Network Wins Another Weekend At The Box Office With $15.5M In Ticket Sales