Mechanical Men: Live From IBM’s Watson Robot Vs. Human Jeopardy Champions
Greetings, fellow humans. Nicholas here live from IBM’s Watson Research facility in upstate New York where I’ll be witnessing the absolute latest in IBM’s artificial intelligence, a fine robot named Watson, take on past Jeopardy champions Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter. Just a live blog for now—pics and video to come afterward. I have but two hands. Feel free to refresh every 8 seconds for the next few minutes or so.
11am: The world’s press is here. CNN, Fox, NTV, CNET, PBS’ NOVA. I feel well out of place.
11:05am: IBM shows a video explaining why it’s damn near impossible for a robot, no matter how complex, can play a game like Jeopardy well to any degree.
11:10am: The video continues to explain Watson’s evolution. IBM hopes to â€œrevolutionizeâ€ the filed of AI, in the process changing the world forever.
- Watson! IBM’s Artificial Intelligence Looks To Upstage Its Human Benefactors In Grand Jeopardy Challenge
- Watch IBM’s Watson On Jeopardy Tonight
- Tonight: Watson, the Jeopardy-Playing Computer, Faces Its Human Foes
- Jeopardy, Day 2: IBM’s Watson Hammers Pitiful Human Competition
- The Final Night Of IBM’s Jeopardy Challenge: How Did Watson Do?