BuyWithMe, The Other Groupon Rival, Appoints New CEO
BuyWithMe, the group buying site that competes with Groupon and LivingSocial in the United States, has appointed a new CEO after the former (Cheryl Rosner) abruptly left the company last December after only 8 months on the job.
The new chief exec of the social commerce startup is Jim Crowley, the former President and CEO of Turbine, the developer of massively multiplayer online games that was acquired by Warner Bros. Entertainment back in April 2010.
Prior to Turbine, Crowley also served as the Chief Operating Officer of m-Qube and Network Plus.
BuyWithMe has raised $21.5 million in venture capital to date.
Recent scuttlebutt said that Google was eying the company after its attempt to acquire rival Groupon fell through.
- BuyWithMe Buys Chicago Daily Deal Site DealADayOnline
- LivingSocial: Groupon’s Not The Only Company That Can Hire A CFO
- BuyWithMe Buys San Francisco Daily Deal Site Groop Swoop
- After Failing To Acquire Groupon, Google Said To Be Sniffing Around Smaller Rivals
- Amazon Vet Jason Child Joins Groupon As CFO