Wow – Online Advertising Company Adknowledge Raises $45 Million
This isn’t the first time the company has raised a monster round – Adknowledge secured $48 million in funding from Technology Crossover Ventures back in 2006.
According to the filing, the equity round wasn’t in relation with an acquisition or merger, which rules out that the funding is in relation with the company’s recent purchase of SocialMedia.com’s ad network.
We’ve contacted the company for more information on the financing. From what I can gather, TCV invested again, with JMI Equity participating as well.
Adknowledge employs over 300 employees and has revenues of $300 million, according to its website. It’s been quite acquisitive over the years, as you can tell from the list of bought companies on CrunchBase.
Its most recent notable recruitment was the hiring of former Yahoo chief data officer Usama Fayyad, who advises Adknowledge in its quest to build what it refers to as an “Amazon-like recommendation engine” for online ads.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Adknowledge has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Ft. Myers, New York, and international offices in the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Hold The Phone – Adknowledge Actually Raises $200 Million, Plans Acquisitions
- Online Lead Generation Company Adteractive Raises $5.1 Million
- Online Search, Advertising Company Lijit Networks Lands $10 Million
- Location-Based Mobile Advertising Company JiWire Raises $20 Million
- Mobile Ad Network JumpTap Raises $20 Million