Holtzbrinck Ventures And HarbourVest Closes €117M Early Stage Fund
We’ve just learned that German VC Holtzbrinck Ventures will announce that it’s closed a whopping â‚¬117 million early stage fund tomorrow. The Holtzbrinck Ventures Fund IV is backed by both Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group and funds managed by HarbourVest Partners, a global private equity investment firm.
This is a significant new fund for European standards and will fundamentally help prosper and establish consumer web startups from all walks. Current investments and holdings include highly successful ventures, such as Zalando, Groupon or the freshly exited brands4friends.
- Team Europe’s Early-Stage Fund Becomes Point Nine Capital, Christoph Janz Joins
- Runa Capital Ups It Fund To $50M For Early-Stage Russian Startups
- Angel Investors Counter Y Combinator Start Fund With New $100 Million Early Stage “End Fund”
- Industry Ventures Closes $400 Million Secondary Fund, Exceeds $1B Of Capital
- Union Square Ventures Is Raising A New $200 Million Opportunity Fund