Foodspotting Scoops Up $3 Million From BlueRun Ventures
Foodspotting has just picked up 3 million in series A funding from BlueRun Ventures in order to further focus on growth in the Â mobile space. Angels from the previous $750kÂ round will also following on. Says Foodspotting CEO Alexa Alexa Andrzejewski “We’re really exciting on expanding Foodspotting’s audience beyond foodies, continue investing in our business development efforts, and being the place where people go on their mobile phones for food content.”
Right around Christmastime the popular app hit 500K downloads, and has just passed the 550K mark. OverÂ 275K foods have been foodspotted thus far.
- Android Users Get An Official Taste Of Foodspotting Just In Time For SXSW
- (Founder Stories) Foodspotting’s Soraya Darabi: “Most Social Networks Were Inspired By East Asian Tech Trends”
- Foodspotting Comes Out On Windows Phone 7
- Foodspotting Swallows Food Sharing Community Eat.ly
- Just In Time To Pig Out For The Holidays, Foodspotting Beta Hits On Android