Confirmed: Index And Union Square Invest In SoundCloud
As we hinted predicted four days ago, SoundCloud was indeed talking to Index Ventures and Union Square Ventures about investing. It’s confirmed today on their blog that both firms have made undisclosed investments.
SoundCloud was looking to raise another round since its last was in April 2009, from Doughty Hanson Ventures for EUR 2.5 million. Since then it has scaled in adoption and taken on bigger offices and more staff.
- SoundCloud Raises $50 Million Round Led By Kleiner Perkins
- Union Square Ventures Is Raising A New $200 Million Opportunity Fund
- Union Square’s New Fund Is All About Growing With The Network
- Zemanta Raises $3 Million From Union Square, Eden, To Help You “Blog Smarter”
- Stack Overflow, Now Stack Exchange Inc, Raises $12M From Union Square Ventures And Others