Kleiner Perkins To Invest In Groupon’s Massive $950 Million Funding Round
Groupon already closed half of that â€”Â around $500 million â€”Â from Russian firm DST, Fidelity and Morgan Stanley. Now we’ve heard from multiple sources that distinguished Silicon Valley firm Kleiner Perkins is on the verge of participating in the round as well. It’s unclear when the remainder of the round will close or who the other remaining participants are.
Kleiner has recently been making aggressive moves in Silicon Valley, including a $150 million slice of Twitter’s recent $200 million funding round, doubling down on its iFund earlier this year, and its $250 million bet on social, the sFund.
- SoundCloud Raises $50 Million Round Led By Kleiner Perkins
- Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures Lead $8.5 Million Round For Path
- Offermatic Raises $4.5 Million From Kleiner Perkins And Top Notch Angel Investors
- Meg Whitman Hooks Part-Time Gig With Kleiner Perkins Post Campaign
- Kleiner Perkins Leads $9M Round In Apache Hadoop-Based Analytics Platform Datameer