LivingSocial: Groupon’s Not The Only Company That Can Hire A CFO
Social shopping company LivingSocial this morning announced that it has recruited an experienced chief financial officer, notably mere weeks after Amazon veteran Jason Child was appointed that role at rival Groupon. Funnily enough, Child’s former employer is the company that just pumped $175 million into LivingSocial.
The social shopping startup says Bax will be charged with managing all aspects of financial planning and operations management for its business initiatives.
Tim O’Shaughnessy, CEO and co-founder of LivingSocial says Bax already played a crucial role in securing the funding round from Amazon.
LivingSocial has raised a whopping $232 million to date.
- Hitwise: Groupon Is Getting 79% Of U.S. Group-Buying Visits Vs. 8% For LivingSocial
- LivingSocial Pulls A Groupon … And $200 Million Off The Table
- LivingSocial Spends $5M For Controlling Stake In Social Shopping Site JumpOnIt
- Social Commerce Startup LivingSocial Hits 10 Million Subscribers, Buys Urban Escapes
- Groupon’s “Rejected” Super Bowl Ad Is A (Subtle) Jab At LivingSocial