X5 Music Secures $9 million from Northzone To Hit The U.S.
Swedish music company X5 Music has secured a 7 million Euro investment from Northzone Ventures, which also happens to the be the lead investor in that other Scandinavian music startup you’ve probably heard of, Spotify.
X5 Music is a digital record label operating largely in Europe. It plans to use the funding to sign American artists and to increase X5 MusicÂ´s current catalogue. This USA expansion makes them the first Swedish â€œrecord labelâ€ in 50 years to do so. It’s kind’ve odd to see a VC invest in a record label but Northzone wants to get a deeper involvement into the value chain within the digital music area, a market they believe has lots of growth potential.
- BraveNewTalent Secures Funding From Northzone And Angels To Aim At U.S.
- Coro Health Secures $2 Million To Expand Its Web-based Music Therapy Services
- Neil Young’s “Righteous” Pono Music Startup Raises $1 Million With Kickstarter
- Myspace Music Teams Up With Songtrust For Music Publishing Management Services
- OpenGamma Secures $6 million Series B To Power Open Source For Wall Street