PostUp Buys Twitter And Facebook Application EchoFon
Echfon, which used to be called TwitterFon after its Twitter client, is used by 3 million people. The startup offers a Twitter app for the iPhone, a native Twitter clients, a Facebook app for the iPhone, and a Twitter iPad app.
Twitter search and advertising startup platform operator TweetUp has announced today that its search engine for Twitter will be expanding to include bios and updates posted to other social networks, including LinkedIn and Facebook. Because the company will no longer be solely based on Twitter, TweetUp is changing its name to PostUp.
PostUp, which was incubated by idealab, opened registration for its bidded marketplace for real-time search last year and along the way has acquired a number of Twitter clients. The startup recently bought Twitter Android client Twidroid and news aggregator service popurls.
- UberMedia, Indeed. Bill Gross’ Twitter Ecosystem Empire Just Acquired TweetDeck
- PostUp Acquires UberTwitter, Renames Itself (Again) To UberMedia
- UberMedia Continues Shopping Spree; Buys Social News Platform Mixx
- German Media Giant Burda Digital Puts $5.6M In Twitter Application Developer UberMedia
- Twitter Suspends UberMedia Clients For Privacy And Monetization Violations, Trademark Infringement