Movie And TV Show Recommendation Engine Jinni Raises $5 Million
Israeli startup Jinni has just announced it has raised $5 million in Series B for it personalized TV and movie recommendation service. The AT&T of Belgium, Belgacom has led the round along with a Tier-1 CE Manufacturer and the VC firm DFJ Tamir Fishman Ventures.
â€œWeâ€™re delighted to have a leading consumer electronics manufacturer and Pay-TV service provider, as well as DFJ Tamir Fishman Ventures, as investors,â€ said Jinni CEO Yosi Click â€œCompleting the Series B funding round allows us to focus on what we do best: Developing an innovative product that is designed to fundamentally improve the entertainment experience.
Quite a novel product, Jinni allows you to search for movies and TV shows according to mood, plot, genres, time/period, place, audience and praise. Wish I had known about this last night during #lessambitiousmovies.
Read the full press release here.
- ignitAd Raises $2 Million, Debuts Self-Service Ad Optimization Solution
- Wanderfly Raises $1 Million For Social Travel Recommendation Engine
- Recommendation Engine StumbleUpon Stumbles Onto $17M From Accel And Others
- Matcha: A Social TV Guide And Movie Recommendation Engine That Doesn’t Suck
- Movie And Music Recommendation Startup Inveni Closes $483K Funding Round