Meet AOL’s Senior Vice President, Technologies: Eric Singleton
According to the press release, Singleton will be responsible for overseeing the creation of a “unified platform” for the discovery, trial, purchase and management of AOLâ€™s Paid Services offerings while also overseeing the groupâ€™s technology roadmap.
Singleton will report to new AOL CTO Alex Gounares.
So what’s AOLâ€™s Paid Services division? It’s the group that manages access subscriptions as well as WOW! Deal of the Day (that’s right, our parent company thinks it can score with an umpteenth Groupon clone) and dozens of other premium subscription services.
Singleton comes to AOL after a number of years as an independent IT strategy executive and consultant. Previously, he served as the CIO for Tommy Hilfiger, and before that he was with Raytheon Company as head of worldwide E-Commerce.
- Eric Schmidt: To Avoid NSA Spying, Keep Your Data In Google’s Services
- Blackwater in Kabul, or Eric Cartman Gets an AK-47
- Former United States CIO Vivek Kundra to Join Salesforce as Executive Vice President
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden (@VP) Joins Twitter
- Eric Schmidt At DLD11: Google Will Add 1,000 New Employees In Europe