Jeff Clavier’s Softtech VC Raises $15 Million For New Fund
It looks like Jeff Clavier‘s venture fund Softtech VC has just raised $15 million out of $25 million for a new fund, according to an SEC filing. In addition, it appears that Charles Hudson has joined as a partner in the fund.
In terms of history, “Super Angel” Clavier launched Fund II, a $15 million seed fund focusing on the consumer Internet space in 2007, aimed at investing in 50+ companies over 3 years. Fund II has invested in 60+ early stage startups, with 29 companies raising over $170 million in additional financing to date.
From 2004 to 2007, Clavier operated Fund 1, which produced 7 early stage exits with a total consideration of $350 million. And 14 of the companies funded out of this investment fund raised north of $200 million in follow-on financing.
- Greylock Partners Launches $160 Million Tech Fund For Europe And Israel
- Union Square Ventures Is Raising A New $200 Million Opportunity Fund
- Angel Investors Counter Y Combinator Start Fund With New $100 Million Early Stage “End Fund”
- SEC Watch: Start Fund Raises First Round, Totaling Nearly $6.5 Million
- Runa Capital Ups It Fund To $50M For Early-Stage Russian Startups