Google Ready To Rule NFC-Based Mobile Payments?
itwbennett writes “Google may seem like an odd pioneer for mobile payments, says blogger Ryan Faas, but according to recent reports, the company is developing its own NFC payment solution. Here’s why Faas thinks Google has a leg up in this emerging market: ‘Google does have a lot of clout when it comes to NFC because the recent launch of the Nexus S and Gingerbread (the most recent Android release) offer the first truly widespread smartphone/NFC integration. That could give Google significant bargaining power. It also makes a certain sense to expect Google to try to lead in this area when you consider that the company is hyping mobile search and recommendation features.’”
- Google Bought Stealthy Mobile Payments Startup Zetawire
- PlaySpan’s Ultimate Pay Brings In-App Mobile Payments To Android Devices
- The World is Not Quite Ready for Mobile Payments, According to MasterCard
- PayPal Seeing $10M In Mobile Payments Per Day; Will Hit $3B Total In 2011
- Exclusive: Apple, Google Are Sniffing Around Mobile Payments Startup BOKU