Nintendo: 37 Million Wii Consoles Sold In The U.S. To Date
Nintendo this morning announced that its DS family of portable video game systems has sold more than 47 million in the United States since the original model launched in November 2004. The company also said that, according to its internal sales figures, the Wii system has gone over the counter more than 34 million times in the United States alone.
Of those 34 million, roughly 21 million Wii systems were sold in the last three years, Nintendo says. According to the company, the Wii home console marked its third consecutive calendar year with U.S. sales of more than 7 million.
Earlier, the company said it sold 2.7 million Wii and Nintendo DS systems in the United States in November alone.
Nintendo is set to release its new Nintendo 3DS hand-held system in the United States in March. The portable system lets players see 3D content without the need for special glasses.
- Nintendo’s Wii U Will Be Sold At a Loss
- Microsoft: 1.5 Million Windows Phone 7 Handsets Sold In First Six Weeks
- BlackBerry Sold 150 Million Phones In 12 Years, 15 Million Last Quarter
- Nintendo Announces 3D Successor of Nintendo DS
- LivingSocial Hits A Million Amazon Gift Cards Sold, $20 Million In Card Value