Vizio’s VIA Plus Brings AirPlay-type Features To The Company’s Google TVs, LCDs, Tablet, and Phone (Yep, All Of Those)
Vizio might just be the next big consumer electronic’s company with a set of announcements that should make the rest of the industry take notice. The company has long been a top player in the US domestic LCD wars and seems to be set to utilize their brand with a host of new software and hardware options.
VIA Plus: Think the video transporting features of Apple’s AirPlay but instead of iOS devices, this service will hit Vizio products including the just-announced Android VIA Tablet and VIA Phone. According to the short press release, consumers will be able to start watching content on one device and then pick up on another. How? No idea. The techy details will no doubt flow once Vizio’s CES showing gets underway although the presser does make mention that the devices will share a common user interface as shown in the pic above.
The newest Vizio hardware isn’t just limited to the 8-inch tablet or 4-inch phone, though. Just like the rumormill stated a few weeks back, Vizio has at least one upcoming Google TV model. Once again, the details are nonexistent, but the GTV is clearly mentioned in the VIA Plus announcement. CES, here we come!
- Blake Griffin Demos The Upcoming Vizio Android Tablet Without Actually Jumping Over It
- iOS 4.2 For iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch Coming In November; Brings iOS 4 Features To iPad, Includes Wireless Printing, AirPlay Features
- OnLive To Be Built Into Vizio Devices
- Google Releases Preview Version Of Honeycomb SDK, Gives Overview Of Tablet Features
- Vizio Plans To Undercut The Market For All-In-One PCs