Solar Power Technologies Raises $6.08 Million To Optimize Commercial Solar Arrays, Wirelessly
Today, an SEC filing revealed that Solar Power Technologies raised $6.08 million for technology that helps wirelessly measure, manage and optimize the performance of large, solar photovoltaic power systems. Investors included Austin Ventures and Oxantium Ventures, the filing said.
The company’s website claims its core technology â€” the Clarity optimization and monitoring system â€” enables commercial solar arrays to harvest of 15 to 20% more total power (over a 20 year lifespan) than they would otherwise.
As Todd Woody noted today in a piece for Sustainable Industries: one large solar power plant can cost more than $2 billion to build in the U.S. making productivity-spiking technology (like SPT promises) sound very attractive.
TechCrunch asked for further details from SPT but a vice president there declined to comment right away. Austin Ventures and Oxantium Ventures did not respond immediately.
- Driving Down The Cost Of Solar, 1366 Technologies Raises $20 Million
- Solar Powered Table That Wirelessly Charges Your Gadgets
- SEC Watch: Palantir Technologies Raises $50 Million In New Funding
- Abound Solar, Maker Of Thin Film Modules For Utilities, Raises $110 Million And Secures Huge Loan
- LibreDigital Raises $4 Million For Digital Reading Technologies