Microsoft Corp Dev Exec Bails, Raises Angel Round For Hot Stealth Startup
Microsoft Senior Director of Corporate Strategy and Acquisitions Fritz Lanman quit his job a few weeks ago. I heard rumblings about this and assumed he’d be focusing an angel investing full time – for the last couple of years he’s done it as a part time hobby.
But nope, that’s not what he’s doing. He’s started a new company that’s creating a “social utility” mobile application called 5Star. And he’s raised somewhere around $1 million in an angel round from first tier angel investors, says a source.
That’s all we know right now. Will post details as we get them, or when Fritz starts answering my phone calls again.
- Secretive Seattle Startup Lumier Co. Raises Top Tier Angel Round
- Stealth NYC Startup Kohort Raises $3 Million Seed Round From IA Ventures, RRE, And More
- Busuu Raises Angel Round From Fon-Founder Martin Varsavsky
- Trampoline Systems Raises Another Angel round, Adds To Board
- Yet Another Senior MySpace Exec Bails: SVP Tish Whitcraft Joins Tagged